That’s right. I’m not here to talk you INTO buying a new web site. I’m here to tell you why you don’t really need one:
- You paid for a whole new web site five years ago
- Websites don’t generate new customers, good salespeople do that
- Somebody told me I’d have to write something called a blog. Regularly. Not going to happen. Don’t need it.
- You’re not Amazon or eBay – you’re not selling products, you offer a service
- I had someone give me a quote for a site. $20,000 sounds like an awful lot. Especially when I get emails everyday telling me I can get a site for $100.
- You’ve been in business for more than 10 years and you haven’t needed one yet, why should you get one now?
- Your competitors have all had web sites for many years. You’d just be spending time and money trying to catch up to them.
- You’re only open 40 hours a week. If you had a web site it could give the appearance that you’re open 24/7.
- You’re too small for a brand. You don’t really have a brand so there is nothing to “put out there” for the world to see.
- People in your area need your product, not people far away so why give them an opportunity to buy it online?
- BONUS: Everyone else has a web site – you can stand out by not having one.
Have you heard these? Have you heard them coming out of your own mouth? If one or more of these reasons belongs to you, then I say, “Welcome to 1995”.
The reality is you do need a web site. A good one. One that is less than five years old, reflects who you are as a company or business, shows to all visitors that you are legitimate, builds up your brand – whatever your brand is, and what about those $100 websites or even the free ones? You’ll end up looking cheap. Is that your brand?
So if after reading this you decide you really do want a web site despite all these great reasons to the contrary, give us a call at 303 268-2245.