Question 1 from 10 Essential Questions to Answer for Your Social Media Marketing Campaign:
What are my goals (What do I expect to get out of this)?
Often when talking to people about Social Media Marketing, I’m asked “how much time does it take?” To which I reply “What do you want to do?” It’s that simple really. That’s like asking the swimming coach how much time it will take to practice. Michael Phelps might get the answer of “8 hours a day” but for my daughter’s lessons, it might be “2 hours a week”. Are you going for multiple gold medals or are you going to learn the basics?
But of course many business owners are just beginning to wrap their heads around this thing called Social Media Marketing and what it means for their business. So what would be good goals? Here are some goals from clients that we’ve worked with:
- I want to have more than 200 fans on my corporate Facebook page.
- We will have a 30% increase in traffic to our web site through social media.
- I will have 5 new customers a month through LinkedIn.
- My workshops will expand from 15 people per workshop to 30 through social media marketing.
- Online sales will increase 22% through our social media efforts.
- I will double the number of subscribers to my newsletter.
Hopefully these goals will help you determine what your goals should be and then you’ll be able to consider strategies and tactics to go about meeting your goal.