Question 9 of 10 Essential Questions for Your Social Media Marketing Campaign is How does my company reputation fit into Social Media Marketing. If you haven’t figured it out by now, it is ALL about your reputation.
Social Media Marketing is about engaging others and building long term relationships with others. This enhances your reputation as a company and establishes you as a player in the long term plans of your potential and existing clients.
There are specific things you can and should do to both monitor and build your reputation:
1. Set up a Google Alert (www.google.com/alert) for your company name. You can try it with or without quotes to see what kind of results you get.
2. While both Google and Bing have agreements to include twitter in their results, we still recommend setting up a twitter account to monitor your company name / reputation on Twitter. TweetDeck can be used to do this. Monitter.com can also be used to help you do this.
3. When your company is mentioned online, engage with the mentioner, whether the mention is good or bad. If the comment is negative, see if there is some way you can reach out and change their mind or provide some kind of remedy.
4. If your company isn’t mentioned or isn’t mentioned much, don’t quit. Engage and you will find that it will begin to be used.
5. Set up a Facebook fan page for your company. Plan what you want to happen and make sure you implement your plan.
Why do it? Facebook has 300 million plus users. Twitter has around 60 million users. You won’t find all of them becoming your customers but you will find a sizeable number that you can interact with to broaden your network.